I am glad we were matched late in the pregnancy, because now every time the phone rings and it isn't a number I recognize, my heart literally drops down past my knees! OK maybe not literally, cause I'd probably not be alive to write this, but MAN, it feels like it! I now have my agency's number saved in my phone (took long enough), but we may get a call from one of a few social workers' cell phones at any point, which they don't give the numbers out to for obvious reasons. So now, whenever I see my state's area code, I get a flush of heat over my face, and become half paralyzed, fearing that it is someone on the other end, relaying that the birthparents have changed their mind. Today was my boss's birthday lunch, and my phone buzzed. I looked down, saw the area code and didn't want to be rude, so obviously didn't answer, then the rest of the ol lunch bunch's conversation went straight through my left ear out of my right, distracted of what could be waiting on a message for me in that rectangular circuit of emotions in my purse. I half smiled through the rest of lunch, scampering off to listen to the message when I got in my car. I tapped the play button and it was the freakin Subaru dealership. Ahhhh, relief! Never so excited to hear from a car salesman!
You are makin my heart beat fast already, lil bean!!
Bumpless Baby Mama

being a mama is live changing, as you are already experiencing! you will never sleep again. :)
ReplyDelete