Does paperwork ever make you feel really stupid? I think of myself as a relatively smart woman (I had to force myself to write woman because I usually refer to myself as a girl, but since I am going to be a mama and all that, guess it is time to label myself a woman...Woooo-mannn...WOOOAH MAN! Name that movie!) OK #A.D.D., get out of my freakin face. But some of this paperwork has me questioning my ability to comprehend large words and legal language. Mike and I sat there on one form, both blankly looking at eachother. First of all, this shit was the longest run on sentence I have ever seen, so maybe THEY are the ones that need to go back to English class. I mean I was in honors English all of high school, but I had to look up two words and still didn't get it. Mike did the pretending to know what it meant til I asked him to explain it deal. That made me feel better but then I realized, "WAIT! You need to understand this, I depend on you to be smarter than me!!" He laughed and said, "Well, I don't get it! Let me read it again." Mike is smart. He is very smart...so it DID make me feel better he wasn't so sure what it meant either. Even after reading it 5 times.
We guessed what it probably meant and moved on. It is only #adoption, only a #LIFE, no need to make sure you know what it means before signing your name on it, right?
I have become #competitive with Mike during this process. I am competitive by nature, but the funny thing is he is not even competing back. So basically I am competing with myself then bragging when I 'win'. Nobody is playing this game with you, Christy. You are alone in it. It usually consists of when they give us hoards of articles or a book to read, I grab the stack or book and speed read. Last night upon completion I announced it as if I had run a marathon and beat everyone, "I READ IT ALL faster than you! You haven't even read one!!" There I was, running all alone on the track, bragging that I got the gold medal. Mike being sweet Mike said, "Good job honey! You read them fast!" Poor guy. He is stuck with me now. The funny thing is, he will probably never read them and never care...which is good because he may read faster than me and that would ruin my #winning streak!
Adoption Paperwork Olypian runnin' high speed toward her lil bean,
Bumpless Baby Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment