Thursday, March 27, 2014

New Car for New Baby?! Saving Money and Donuts Complete Me!

Just when I thought the to do list was shortening, I have added a big one.  NEW CAR.  I currently have a two door car and well, we know that isn't going to be too fun trying to get the child in and out.  And since I can't sit still, once I am not a sleepless zombie I am sure we will be running around town as much as possible, whether it be play dates or visits to Target's dollaaaaa bin ya'lllll! OK, suuuuriously, after being hit by a drunk driver (big ol Cadillac) in my tiny Honda,  one of my first thoughts after I came out of my lovely concussion was "I will forever buy Hondas!"  And I have stuck to that mantra.  They are sturdy lil guys and last forever if you take care of them.  I currently have a Sporty lil 2 door Civic that I love to death and really don't want to get rid of it, but the time has come.  I need 4 doors and 4 wheel drive.  I am thinking the best way is to sell my baby (not the bumpless one, the silver one!), get the money for that since you get more than trade in and put that as down payment.  I am bummed because I love not having a car payment. #firstworldproblems
 

The purse strings are getting tighter and tighter.  Looks like I may have to SELL some of those purse strings!  Between a new car, the adoption cost itself and being a stay at home mama, I am glad I am a coupon hoarder and sale watcher.  Just yesterday I took a look-see at all of our handsoaps from Bath and Body Works and we are set for a good two years ;)  Between coupons and sales, I barely spent a thing on those delicious wonders!  Who doesn't need Carribean Escape and Dancing Rain foamy wonder to sanitize the ol hands?!  And candles?!  Oh ya, we are going to smell amazing for approximately 4.2 years, and if the power goes out, we are good on both light AND heat!  Try us, hurricanes!  OK, that wasn't really a threat, don't try us.  What else have I hoarded up in prep for knowing we will be crunchin numbers in our budget?  OH, I KNOW!  Thanks, dentist for the 20 samples of toothpaste I snagged.  These choppers are gonna shine like a new car through our next 8 visits!  I am a Target clearance watcher and dollar bin stalker, too, so we are set for bins, glue, tape and batteries.  And if you stalk clearances enough, you can find notebooks for 14 cents.  My child will not have a choice of notebook, but we will save.  Sorry, lil gal or man, if the other kids make fun of you walking around with your 'You Complete Me' Donut/Donut hole notebook, you will be the one laughing when you are in Italy for 2 weeks because mama knew how to save cash!  Or if you really hate it, you can cover it up with that dolllla bin masking tape.  Maybe I am donut biased, I think it is the hottnesss!

Mama is going to teach you to love donuts and sales,
Bumpless Baby Mama


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post!! so exciting, aleks is also in the market for a new car!

    ReplyDelete